I swear, like 5 minutes ago I was popping the champagne and cheering for the New Year, 2017, and now here we are, it's 2018, and we're halfway through January already. Time flies when you are busy and you are having fun. Yeah, last year was quite intense...It was amazing, but busy. It took me quite a while to go through everything and put this blog post together, but I am really excited to be relaunching my blog. So, without further ado, here is a quick retrospective of my past 12 months.
- EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY: well I’ve definitely photographed quite A LOT of events the past year, from conferences and corporate events to a wide array of fashion events, and runway shows. The photos you see below are only a few examples of moments from various events that I’ve had the opportunity to photograph, and one of my favourite moments has definitely been my collaboration with Fashion Preview. I've been covering the FP events for different blogs for a while, but last October I had the opportunity to document the event as the official photographer, and it was an amazing experience. (I will write a blog post about my experience at FP#8, so stay tuned). I’ve also continued (and I’m continuing) my journey with Creative Mornings, but assuming a variety of other roles, aside from photography.
- NEW PHOTO EQUIPMENT: I’ve made a few very important upgrades last year, the most substantial ones being my new very professional camera, a Canon 5D Mark IV, and a new high-end lens, the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM. I'm super happy with the investments I made, because they made a big difference in my work and increased the quality of the services and images I provide to my clients. I could also list a number of smaller purchases, such as flashes, reflectors, and a few other studio accessories, as well as some software purchases and subscriptions which allow me faster delivery of images and to offer better quality and more professional services to my clients.
- PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY: last year I’ve had the opportunity to work on quite a wide variety of portrait projects, from corporate headshots, professional or branding portraits to family or couples’ portraits (you can see some examples below). As a portrait photographer, some of my favourite projects are branding portraits, and from this perspective, something worth mentioning is that last September my ongoing collaboration with Éminence Personal Branding has become official.
- PUBLICATIONS: 2017 was really great from this perspective, as I’ve had my photos featured in several different publications, plus I've had a full interview (photos and the text!) published in a book. However, my biggest satisfaction moment was when I’ve seen some of my photos from Fashion Preview 8 (and my name) in ELLE Quebec, but having my photos used as full page spreads in Ricardo Magazine or A Nous Montréal, is really not bad either :).
- OTHER PROJECTS: Aside from event photography and portraiture, in 2017 I’ve had the opportunity to work on a variety of other types of projects ranging from catalogue & e-comm fashion photography to interior & real estate photography and to content creation and retouching. Worth mentioning is my collaboration with Victoria Park, for photos of their newly-renovated location for their new promotional material, website and social media imagery (you can see a sample below).
I must also mention an extensive retouching project I’ve worked on with LaSalle College, for a branding concept for their Fashion Marketing students. For this, I have created a series of glitch effects, which i have applied on a large number of portraits, and, also, I have created a series of gifs with different glitch animations. You can see a sample of my work on this project below.
Oh ya! And last, but definitely not least, this past August, at Osheaga, I had the opportunity to film a (quite funny) interview with Liam Gallagher from Oasis. Here it is. Enjoy!
So that was my 2017 in a nutshell...it's been quite a ride! And what you see here are just a few snapshots of some of my favourite moments. There's a lot of things I didn't mention. But now it's time to wrap up the past with a nice bow, and focus on the present an the future. Excited for 2018!